This is the Raspberry Pi 4 version! If you want a Raspberry Pi 3B/3B+ version, please click here.
The SEGA CD was a short-lived SEGA Genesis expansion, that allowed SEGA’s classic 16-bit cartridge system to play games in CD-ROM format. Their FMV games allied with some enhanced titles with CD soundtrack made the SEGA CD a must have for SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive owners.
We are proud to introduce the SEGA CD Retropie Collection for Raspberry Pi 4 and Pi 400, with a complete set of USA, European and Japanese releases. Also included are the unreleased prototypes and all the magazine cover demo discs. Everything playable on the Raspberry Pi with our exclusive SEGA CD style theme for the EmulationStation.
We’ve tested and configured almost every single game on this image, and all games come with a preview image and video!
→ The Collection Features
– A complete SEGA CD / MEGA CD collection. It’s the definitive collection for all the SEGA CD fans! We’ve even included all known unreleased prototypes, and a number of magazine demo CDs. All games released in the US, Japan and Europe are also represented! Nearly all games work fine on the Raspberry Pi 4 or Pi 400.
– Custom SEGA-style theme, to get you that SEGA feeling when browsing through the menu while listening to some awesome background gaming music!
– Nearly all games include boxart, or a mixart image, plus a 30 second video snap preview of the game play on the menu, so you can quickly sneak peek a game and decide if you want to launch it and play. Images are of high quality and will let you browsing for hours, so you can just check the artwork of some of those classics!
→ Systems Included
MEGA CD Japan
MEGA CD Europe
SEGA CD USA
SEGA CD 32X
SEGA CD Magazine Demos
SEGA CD Hacks
SEGA CD Prototypes
Also include as a bonus, a complete SEGA 32X collection, with all titles released for the famous SEGA Genesis/Mega drive add-on.
→ What Do You Get With Your Purchase?
- If this is your first digital purchase at our website, we will setup an account for you so you can access the files for the image you’ve purchased. If you have purchased a digital delivery product before, we will add your purchase to your previously existing account, so you can have access to your purchase quickly, and manage all your purchases on the same place.
- Files for your purchase are compressed using 7zip, and split in volumes of either 700Mb or 4096Mb. Download all the files and use 7zip to uncompress them and create the image to be flashed on a microSD card. You’ll need a computer to do all that. Any computer will do.
- Also available to download are manuals, guides, and all the tools you might need to use your digital purchase. Please read all instructions before starting.
- Access to a history of versions of the collection you’ve purchased. We update our collections from time to time, with new games, artwork, video snaps and updated gameslist.xml files with more information about the games and a lot more. If you are not happy with the latest version, you’ll be able to get a previous version and try it. All files are clearly named so you can figure out which version you are downloading, plus the “whatsnew.txt” file have all the information for the versions available and their updates.
→ Digital Delivery Terms and Conditions
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF YOUR DIGITAL PURCHASE BELOW.
All sales are final. Refunds or cancellations are not allowed on digital purchases.
If this is your first purchase of a digital product from us, after you place your order and your card is processed, we will setup your access account to the digital goods. PLEASE ALLOW US FROM 30 MINUTES TO 12 HOURS TO SETUP YOUR ACCOUNT. After we check everything, you will receive a link by e-mail so you can setup your password and access the files immediately. After your password is setup, you can access the service normally and download your digital purchase.
If you order more than one digital item at any time, all your digital purchases will be placed under the same account. You’ll be notified when your new items are available for download on your account.
There are no limits to how many times you’ll download your files, and there are no time limits on the account, however, we track IP addresses and devices used to download the files, and any abuse will be punished with the cancellation of the account. We reserve the right to cancel your account without warning if abuse is detected, so please don’t share your login credentials with anyone.
You can access your account and download your purchases for as long as the service exists and the servers are up. We reserve the right to close all services and pull items from digital download at any time, either by third-party requests such as by those made by copyright holders, and by our own volition, so please download all you need as soon as you can.
You are entitled to download all and any versions of the collection or collections you purchased for as long as they are available on the server. Every time we update a collection, it will be uploaded to the server in 72 hours, and you’ll be able to download the latest, updated version. We will always try to keep the previous versions available on the server, at least for as long as we can. We might remove older versions from the server for various reasons, including the ones mentioned above.
Please note that the digital download items are the same as the physical ones we sell, and these were tested extensively and are known to work properly. That being said, please note that even though the vast majority of games included on the collection will work, we can’t guarantee specific games will work as intended, or will work at all.
If you have any issues with your purchase, let us know and we can work something out with you. We will always work with you to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your purchase and that the image runs flawlessly for you.
→ Final Product Disclaimer
SD Card image is pre-loaded with RetroPie and Emulation Station which are Free and open source software. The included gaming software on this collection is either public domain, abandonware or is widely available in the Internet and it’s easy to find for free. You are only paying for the service which is the time we spent creating this image and setup, so you don’t have to rip your game CDs, ROM Cartridges or Arcade Boards yourself, neither look for the correct files to download.
You are not paying for any ROMS or ISOS included in this setup. By purchasing ANY items from us you are contractually agreeing to the rules mentioned below: 1. You own a license for any ROM / image you use. 2. You will NOT distribute any of these files illegally. 3. You can evaluate the games you don’t own for 24 hours and after that period, you must delete from the SD card any games you don’t own.
Printed materials were created by us, using logos and designs under fair use, including cover and instructions. Reproduction for resale of these items is not permitted.